Sunday, October 16, 2016

David MacGowan presents Blade Runner

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

OK, this is kind of important. David MacGowan has been recreating the neo-noir sci-fi classic Blade Runner, frame~by~frame... in MS Paint. He's been at it since July of this year, posting nearly every day on MSP Blade Runner tumblr. And it sounds like he may actually finish.
David MacGowan explains his work:

"I like the idea of having a blog but basically feel as if I have very little to say about things, at least things that are original or interesting. I gravitated to Tumblr with some idea of just posting pictures, but still felt I needed to be posting something I'd actually made myself... [Y]ears ago I used to draw really crappy basic MS Paint pics for a favourite pop group's fan site, and they always seemed to raise a smile. The idea of doing something else with MS Paint, a kind of celebration of my not being deterred by lack of artistic talent, never really went away....
I don't really think about giving up. The idea of actually completing something I start out to do (for once in my life) is very appealing,And it's fun, it's not a chore."

I'm so glad Mr MacGowan is doing this so I don't have to.


No comments:

Post a Comment